Frequently Asked Questions
We offer language classes in Spanish, Chinese, Japanese, German, Italian, French, Portuguese, American Sign Language, and English. Our classes are available in-person and online, as group classes, 1-on-1 lessons, and after-school programs. We offer Spring, Summer, and Fall sessions, with a range of course lengths. We are also proud vendors for most charter schools.
During the summer, we offer Spanish Immersion Summer Camps for children ages 3-12.
Yes, of course! Please feel free to invite your child’s friends to create a group class for your preferred Language with one of our instructors. This is a fun and affordable way for your child to take a Language class. Once a group of at least 3 participating students has registered, the learning may begin!
We partner with many charter schools, including Blue Ridge Academy, Compass, Granite Mountain School, Sage Oak, Mission Vista Academy, Sky Mountain, Springs Charter Schools, and Inspire. Our classes are open to everyone, and we are happy to work with your charter school if it is not on this list. Just email at Please contact us!
We offer classes at Pitzer College in Claremont.
We also teach small group classes at your home, Grace Lutheran in Upland, and local parks and libraries.
Cancellation of Registration
If you need to cancel a class registration, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information: class title, day, and time; student’s name; your name, email, and phone number.
To get a prorated refund, please contact us about canceling your class at least 72 hours before the second class meeting.
What is your cancellation policy for classes and one-on-one lessons?
Cancellation for Classes
- To cancel a class registration, email us at email@example.com with class details and contact information.
- A prorated refund, minus a $25 handling fee, can be issued if cancellation is made at least 72 hours before the second class lesson.
- No refunds are given for unused or canceled lessons.
- Absences from class lessons should be communicated to the instructor, but make-ups or prorated refunds are not offered.
- Students who miss 3 consecutive lessons without communication may be dropped from the class and forfeit the class fee.
- If an instructor cancels a lesson, payments may be prorated if a make-up day cannot be scheduled.
- If an instructor cancels a class series, a prorated refund will be issued based on the percentage of canceled lessons that were paid for
Cancellations for Tutoring
- Classes may be rescheduled or refunded with at least 24 hours notice.
- The normal fee is still charged if notice is given less than 24 hours before the scheduled lesson.
- Exceptions may be made at our discretion for family tragedies and other circumstances.
Our team is made up of experienced and trained professionals, including credentialed teachers, and professionals teaching in their Language. We carefully select all of our instructors through referrals and conduct background checks, including live scans from the Department of Justice.
We accept checks, cash, and electronic payments such as Zelle, Charter School Funds, and credit cards (a 4% surcharge applies).
How quickly you learn a language depends on how hard you try, just like any other skill. The key is to be consistent and focused. To learn quickly, we recommend making language learning a daily habit and participating actively in class. Here are some other tips:
- Take risks and speak the language whenever you can.
- Read children’s books and comics in the language you are learning.
- Watch movies and TV shows, listen to music, and read articles and books in the language you are learning.
- Immerse yourself in the language as much as possible by spending time with native speakers or traveling to a country where the language is spoken.
Have a question? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org